About Essential Oils
Essential oils are compounds extracted from plants. The oils capture the plant’s scent and flavour, or “essence.” Unique aromatic compounds give each essential oil its characteristic essence.
What is essential oils?
History Of Essential Oils
* At around 1240 BC, the Jewish people began their exodus from Egypt discovered a variety of precious gums and oils, together with the knowledge of how to use them.
* At around 1700 the use of essential oils had become part of mainstream medicine, and this continued until the science of chemistry developed to such an extent that synthetic materials could be created in a laboratory.
* In 1887, the very first scientific research into essential oils and their effects upon micro-organisms. Further research was carried out in France by Chamberland.
* In 1937 the French chemist Rene-Maurice published his findings in his book entitled “Aromatherapy”. It is considered as the father of modern aromatherapy.
* During the war of 1939-45, Dr. Jean Valnet heals the war wounds using essential oils. The concepts of healing essential oils were popularised by his first book, “ Aromatherapy, treatment of diseases by species of plant” (published in 1964)
Methods Of Extracting Essential Oils
* Steam Distillation
* Cold press
* Solvent Extraction
* Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Extraction
Benefits Of Essential Oils
* Stress & Anxiety
* Sleep Problems
* Healthy Hairs
* Skin Nourishment
* And many more…
Top Essential Oils Brands In India
Plant Air which is India’s first brand for exclusive aroma diffusers humidifier and essential oils.